Application of NTC temperature sensor in electric vehicle battery
October 10, 2021
With the widespread application of new energy electric vehicles, battery capacity, safety, health and endurance have increasingly become the focus of attention.
Temperature to the temperature of an electric vehicle battery is one of the important factors affecting the remaining power and service life of the battery. At present, only the surface temperature of the battery is generally measured. The NTC temperature sensor is used to measure the surface temperature of the battery, which is attached to the surface of the car battery to measure the temperature. The general structure of the NTC temperature sensor used in the car is generally divided into several types:
1. The materials used for the metal fixed ring head:
(1) Copper nickel-plated material: 0.8mm metal thickness, with high melting point, high hardness, and bright surface;
(2) Copper tin plating material: 0.8mm metal thickness, but the melting point is not high enough, the hardness is not large, and the surface is not bright with copper and nickel plating;
(3) Stainless steel: 0.5-0.7mm thickness to prevent rust;
(4) Pure nickel terminal: 0.2-0.3mm thickness, high hardness, convenient welding, light and thin.
2. The head of the water droplet is encapsulated with epoxy resin
The temperature sensor encapsulated by epoxy resin is usually glued directly on the surface of the battery, so the temperature measurement effect may be worse than that of the metal fixing ring, and the stability is not high. Generally, this kind of head encapsulation is not used in high-end cars. Measure the battery temperature.
The NTC temperature sensor produced by AMPFORT has high reliability, good consistency and long service life, and can work normally in very harsh environments. The core components of the NTC temperature sensor have passed the CQC mark certification, the German TUV certification and the United States UL, C -UL safety certification, automotive grade MF52, MF51, MF58 passed AEC-Q200 testing. MF58 series products have passed 100,000 endurance tests in the UL standard. AMPFORT's various NTC temperature sensors are not only used in new energy vehicle batteries, but are also widely used in many other fields, such as the use of special NTC temperature sensors for ventilators in the new crown pneumonia epidemic; in sterilizable air purification Special NTC temperature sensor used in the device and so on.